REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(INDIVIDUAL CONSULTING SERVICES)
COUNTRY: Republic of Somaliland
INSTITUTION: Ministry of Energy and Minerals
PROJECT NAME: Somali Electricity Access project
PROJECT ID: P165497 GRANT NO: TF-A9095
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: Procurement Specialist
REFERENCE NO.: SO-MOEM-115116-CS-INDV
PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT: Somaliland
REPORTING TO: Project Coordinator.
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
The Government of Somaliland (the Government) is currently implementing Somali Electricity Access Project (SEAP), with grant funding from World Bank. The project development objective of SEAP is to expand access to electricity in targeted urban, peri-urban, and rural communities. SEAP consists of three components:
Component 1: Electrification of households and small businesses through standalone solar home systems.
Component 2: Analytic work for enabling electrification through Solar Powered / Hybrid Mini grids
Component 3: Technical Assistance, Capacity Building and Project Management.
The Ministry of energy and minerals intends to apply part of the proceeds of the proceed to engage to competitively recruit an individual consultant (Procurement Specialist
2.0 ASSIGNMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant shall perform the following specific tasks:
The objectives of the position are: (i) to advise the senior management of the MOEM and the PIU on all procurement aspects of the Project; (ii) to perform all necessary procurement activities under the Project for the duration of the assignment; (iii) to coordinate project procurement activities of beneficiary institutions; and (iv) to build the capacity of procurement staff within beneficiary agencies.
He/she will manage the procurement activities of the project in strict compliance with: (i) the requirements of the Agreement between the World Bank and the Government; (ii) the Project Implementation Manual (PIM) of this project which is based on appropriate procurement best practice and international standards and all other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.moem-sl.com or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below.
3.0 SELECTION CRITERIA
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
• Degree from a recognized University in relevant discipline e.g. Procurement Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Law, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent.
• A Postgraduate and professional qualification in Supply Management from any accredited institution) would be an added advantage.
• Relevant specialized training certificates of the World Bank Procurement Regulations of Borrowers.
• A minimum of at least 7 years of direct relevant experience including broad expertise in the management of procurement in the public sector or private sector.
• Minimum of at least 3 years of experience in implementing procurement activities according to international organizations guidelines such as the World Bank, African Development Bank, the United Nations etc. for procurement of goods, works and services.
• Proven work experience on country procurement systems and procedures will be an added advantage.
• Proven experience of Somaliland’s unique energy sector context will be an added advantage.
• familiarity in working with international development partners and NGOs that deal with the Somaliland energy sector will be an added advantage.
• Excellent computer skills for Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet use.
• Written and fluency (spoken) in English is required.
• Written and fluency (spoken) in Somali will be an added advantage.
• High level interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance and availability of budget.
5.0 The Ministry of Energy now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
6.0 The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
8.0 Mode of submission of Applications and deadline.
Interested Consultant may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 8:30am to 14:00Hrs Hargeisa time (Excluding public holidays).
Further information can be obtained by sending email requests at the email address below. Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below marked clearly as – Application for Procurement Specialist. The deadline for the submission is Monday, 17th June 2020 at 14:00hrs Hargeisa time.
For further information and enquiries, please contact the email below.
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT OFFICE, IN
MINISTRY OF ENERGY AND MINERALS
OPPOSITE OF PRESIDENTIAL PALACE, HARGEISA
SOMALI ELECTRICITY ACCESS PROJECT (SEAP)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy
Tel: 00252-634242875 or +252-654242875
Tel: 00252633605658 0r 00252653605658