Exploration means the search for Minerals and Deposits by any geological, geochemical, geophysical or related methods including trenching, drilling and sampling.
Terms and Conditions
- Exploration licence shall be granted to both local and international companies
- The duration of an Exploration Licence is up to three years from the date of issuance.
- An Exploration Licence applicant must have the technical and financial capacity to fulfill the licence requirements
- Applicants must adhere the relevant environmental obligations and other occupational health and safety standards as defined in the regulation.
- Application letter
- Articles of association in both English and Somali
- Company profile
- Chamber of commerce registration.
- Legal certification of ownership (Sign in front of certified Public notary)
- Identification cards for Shareholder of more than 10 percent (10%)
- Registration letter from MoEM
- Registration letter from the Attorney General office
- Bank Statement (Local Min US$ 40,000 joint /foreign Min US$ 80,000)
- To provide Geological Reports and Geochemical analysis.
- Site investigation by geologist from mineral department
- Work plan of the company (including environmental protection plan)
- Registered office in Somaliland
- Pay non-refundable License fee
- Submit completed from one (Attached here)
- Issued the Exploration licence within four Weeks